2022-2023 Academic Year – Current Openings
A bachelor’s degree is required for instructional positions. A degree related to a teacher’s specific area of expertise is preferred. Ideal candidates should have experience in the Classical Christian education. An understanding and evidence of the Christian’s Fruit of the Spirit and agreement with the ECA Statement of Faith is required of prospective applicants. Some positions are part-time, but classes and assignments may be combined to form full-time positions. If you have an interest in teaching at ECA, please send your resume with a cover letter, and completed Application Form to the appropriate campus (addresses listed on the Application Form).
For Secondary Openings (grades 6-12), please contact Kerry Singleton at email@example.com or 719-597-3675 for more information.
For Elementary Openings (preK-5th grade), please contact Darla Blue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-634-7024 for more information.
Applications are now being accepted for secondary openings in the following areas:
Middle School/High School Vocal Ensemble
Middle School/High School Math
High School Science (Chemistry, Physical Science)
Additional courses may be available and part-time positions can be combined to create a full-time position.
Brief Job Description: Implement a program of Classical Christian grammar/elementary classroom instruction that meets the established ECA curriculum criteria, individual needs, interests, and abilities of students. This teacher must also have a willingness to do other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Job Qualifications: Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in education (or related field) from an accredited college or university. Teacher will be certified (or certifiable) through ACSI or ACCS. Applicant must be in agreement with the ECA Statement of Faith. Biblically integrated and classical teaching experience in our grade classroom is highly desirable. Expertise in Love and Logic (or similar) classroom management, Promethean ActivBoard (or similar), and RenWeb school management software (or similar) is considered a plus. Must be able to work cooperatively with all members of the staff and communicate effectively with parents and students. All applicants must be US citizens or possess a valid US working visa. Finalists must pass a background check.
- This is a Full-time position.
- Full-time teachers are paid on a 12-month contract from August 1 through July 31.
- Principal will describe actual classroom and preparation schedule requirements associated with the school year.
- This Teacher will report to the ECA Elementary Principal.
- Benefits for Full-time teachers include a “cafeteria” plan for health insurance and/or 403(b) contribution and a tuition discount. These benefits will be fully described in a contract offer to the preferred candidate.
Job Ad Circulation Required: This job ad will be circulated through ACSI, ACCS and to current Staff and Parents.
Other Employment Opportunities
Business Office Manager
Evangelical Christian Academy is seeking a full-time Business Office Manager beginning in the spring or summer of 2022. Qualified candidates will be active members of a Christian church, possess related degree and/or experience, have a working knowledge of QuickBooks, follow GAAP accounting standards, and possess a heart for serving families in a supportive Christian community. Qualified candidates will have prior education and training and possess experience in a similar setting.
The position includes supervision of a part-time Business Office Assistant. Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter to Stephen Sprague, ECA Head of School at email@example.com or call (719) 249-1501 for further information.
Facilities Manager (Elementary Campus)
Evangelical Christian Academy is seeking a full or part-time Facilities Manager that has a heart for our students and staff and is willing to oversee the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and cleaning of the school and its grounds and facilities. Please contact Darla Blue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-634-7024 for more information.
Facilities Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance.
- Operates and maintains custodial functions.
- Ensures that the facility is clean and maintained according to school policy and procedures.
- Manages and reviews service contracts.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
- Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees.
- Forecasts, allocates, and collaborates with office manager/Principal regarding the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
- The facility manager will be available during the school day, and ensure the building is prepared for the following school day as well as for church functions.
Facilities Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Beneficial to have successfully held a position as a facility manager/custodian in a school or similar environment.
Additional forms, shown on our website, are not required at this time, but will be requested as needed. All of the following documents are required when applying for a teaching position at ECA.
Teacher Employment Information:
Evangelical Christian Academy hires employees of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.