A Christ-Centered Kindergarten Experience
Inspiring children to grow in their love and knowledge of Jesus, to be loving and respectful in their relationships with others, and develop a love for learning.
ECA welcomes students for in-person learning—with proactive measures to help keep everyone healthy and safe.
Kindergarten Program Details
- To strengthen social skills, to learn national and Christian pledges, to learn that prayer is communicating with God
- To continue to explore concepts of time, the date, monetary units, counting, temperature, seasons, and weather
Bible Lessons (CSI)
- To emphasize God’s place in daily living
- To learn through Bible stories the truths of God’s plan and care for His people
- To learn to apply Scriptural truths and concepts in everyday situations
- To memorize Scripture from the Old and New Testament as we “hide God’s word in our hearts” Psalm 119:11
- To recognize God as our helper and best friend
- To properly form numbers
- To develop mathematical thought processes including: number concepts, patterning, graphing, telling time, counting money, using manipulatives such as pattern blocks, linking cubes, clocks, money, tangrams, and geograms
- Addition and subtraction
Language Arts (Open Court)
- To correctly form letters
- To practice and refine the following skills: proper pencil grip, left to right progression, rhyming, antonyms, synonyms
- To apply knowledge of the letters and their sounds as the process of reading and writing words is encouraged
- To reinforce reading skills, phonics is emphasized along with the memorization of high frequency words as sight words
- Exposure to a variety of literature types
- Introduction to grammatical concepts such as capitalization and punctuation, which will be applied to student’s own writing
- Begin to understand parts of speech: nouns, verbs and adjectives
- Build enthusiasm to read, especially in relation to reading Scripture and understanding Biblical truths for themselves!
Unit Studies (MacMillan)
- To learn concepts related to animals, weather, food and nutrition, the five senses, plants, and holidays
- To take field trips to enhance classroom and learning experiences
- To understand that God is the Creator of all and that all He created is wonderfully made!
“The small environment allows each child to shine as a whole person. We love how everyone knows each other.”
More About ECA
Quality Christian Education
Partnering with parents and their children for almost 50 years, Evangelical Christian Academy is the only accredited K-12 Classical Christian School in Colorado Springs.
Teachers Who Truly Care
At ECA you can expect to find teachers who truly care for the students and endeavor to convey a love for learning that is infectious.
While we are serious about our faith and academics, we also enjoy extra-curricular activities outside the classroom, too! Clubs and athletic teams are available to even our younger students.
“ECA comes from a Biblical perspective, the teachers truly care about educating our children, and a high standard of character and integrity is strived for by students and staff.”
As a parent there is a lot to consider—from enrollment questions to Covid-19 concerns. Please contact our admissions coordinator Brie Lucas and she’ll be happy to share more about ECA and answer any questions you may have.
Spots are limited, enroll today!